Q: Will you share how your individual expertise separates your brand from others?
A: What separates me from other skincare companies is my years of experience as a Board Certified Physician Assistant who owns and operates a world class medical aesthetics practice, Skin Appeal, in Tucson, Arizona. Specializing in non-surgical facial rejuvenation, I help my patients improve their skin health and reach their aesthetic goals, all day, every day. When choosing products to recommend to my clients, I saw a need for more effective skincare formulations. Mikel Kristi, was developed to deliver outstanding results using plant-based cosmeceuticals.
Q: As a female entrepreneur, how do you balance business, family and self-care?
A: This can definitely be a challenge while running two companies and working non-stop to treat patient’s skincare concerns. How I remain organized and task oriented is by taking my planner wherever I go and planning my days out in advance. I couldn’t live without my planner, setting time aside for exercise, downtime, and family time. In order to include self-care I take time to do deep breathing and practice mindfulness. At morning and night, I never skimp on my skincare routine, which makes me feel at ease knowing I can take a little time to focus on the health of my own skin. When I do take time off, I love spending time with my dogs or traveling with my husband to remote destinations that offer unique outdoor activities.
Q: #LoveYourselfMore means loving all of you - unapologetically and embracing your unique experiences to contribute more good into the world. Will you share an experience that played a significant role in who you are today?
A: I believe that personal growth is a must and shapes who I am each day. I continually strive to improve my knowledge, communication skills, leadership skills, productivity, and self love. Through growing in these areas, I feel that I have developed more compassion and empathy for myself and others.
Q: What's coming down the pipeline for Mikel Kristi?
A: We have a lot of exciting things happening as we grow. We are planning on moving into the retail market and expanding our e-commerce presence. Along with offering new proprietary formulations to make you love your skin!
Q: If you could only have on Mikel Kristi product on a deserted island, which product would you grab?
A: I like this question because, while living in Arizona our skin can sometimes feel like its been on a deserted island. My morning and evening routine fights against dry skin and evens my skintone.
The one Mikel Kristi product I’d bring to a deserted island would be Vital A Rejuvenating Serum since it keeps the skin the healthiest with improving natural moisture production and is skin firming. I enjoy firm skin!
Q: What is your current skincare routine?
A: My current skincare routine is:
- AM: I start off my day cleansing my skin using our Mikel Kristi Purifying Botanical Wash (citrusy) or Refreshing Wash (minty) to remove any bad particles from my skin.
- Then I apply Mikel Kristi Bio Peptide Serum, which encompasses powerful collagen stimulating properties and then apply C Radiance Moisturizer for hydration.
- Following my serums and moisturizer I choose a lightly tinted SPF, such as EltaMD or Colorescience Even Up. That is it for makeup and I am out the door to face new skin discoveries.
- I finish my night by doing my self-care with skincare routine.
- PM: I alternate between Purifying Botanical Wash for an antibacterial cleanser or Refreshing Botanical Wash to unclog pores.
- I use Rejuvenating Swipes a few times a week to exfoliate to remove dead skin cells and renew more.
- Following that, I blend all my topical products into one step, Vital A Rejuvenating Serum and Bio Peptide Revitalizing Serum along with C Radiance Moisturizer. I take time to massage these anti-aging powerhouses into my facial skin and muscles, knowing that I am not only renewing my skin but relaxing my body from a productive day.