GlamBOMB is a cosmetics/body lifestyle brand where each product is handmade to order. Recently featured in the Love Yours Box - Spring 2020, and an all-time favorite to CoFounder Lydia Page, it's only right that we take you "Behind the Brand" to learn more.
1. GLAM BOMB is the perfect name because literally everything on your website looks so bomb! How'd you create this skincare concept?
GlamBOMB was created in 2012 during a time of immense personal change and rediscovery for me. I started GlamBOMB a few months after leaving my abusive marriage as I carefully attempted to find "me" again. I needed something that made me feel important, and that also reminded me to take care of myself. I had been in a physically, mentally and emotionally abusive marriage for years and I no longer knew myself or how to take care of myself on those same fronts.Initially, GlamBOMB was a jewelry line, but that wasn't speaking to me. I began to dig deeper for what would really motivate me. Soon after, my mother reminded me of how much I liked making body lotions and oils for people and the chemistry involved in body care and natural health. She mentioned that she stopped shopping at bath and body works because the products I made her were so good. From then on GlamBOMB became a body products brand. I really started investing more time to develop the brand and products outside of body oils and butters in Oct 2018. Since then we have grown substantially and its really exciting!
2. Love Yourself More is our self-care mantra and lifestyle movement. With nearly 20 people per minute being physically abused by an intimate partner in the US (National Coalition Against Domestic Violence, 2020). How does GlamBOMB work to spread awareness to eliminate these numbers?I
I wanted to make sure to stay true to GlamBOMB's inception by donating 5% of sales to domestic violence shelters and programs. We work with local agencies to provide resource information and donations. GlamBomb exists because God blessed me to survive what I went through, it only makes sense to support others in their journeys back to “themselves”. I also represent GlamBOMB while sharing my story at awareness events, panels and trainings. Our ultimate goal is to employ survivors and help them get back on their feet and create a new life for themselves.
I am in E-commerce by day so I understand how to utilize digital marketing and targeting to find customers that are most likely interested in the products that we offer. Word of mouth is extremely important as well. We develop meaningful relationships with our customers which helps us understand VOC and keeps us creative!
3. As a small business, how do you consistently get your products in front of potential clients?
I have been making a point to spend more time with God. For so long, I didn’t know what that meant or how to do it. When really, all i had to do is ask God what to do. Ive also been testing and formulating new products. Its fun and therapeutic for me.
4. We are living in unprecedented times with this COVID-19 pandemic, how are you intentionally loving and embracing yourself more?
When formulating So Glow Shimmering Oil, The intention was to keep it as natural as possible. When you read the label you will most likely recognize every ingredient, and there aren’t many! Also every purchase is making a difference since a portion of our sales are donated.
5. What separates So Glow - Super Bomb a part from other body glow beauty products?